Jesus had something very interesting to those last in line, those who spend their lives serving others. Ugh, serving … such an outdated term, right.
Not really. It’s the main theme running through the life of Jesus.
Do you have someone in your life that serves you? It could be a familiar waitress, a bank teller, a babysitter or someone who maintains your house. People serve us every day and we take their actions for granted. This month take a note card and jot a few words of thanks and appreciate. Life is hard, appreciation often is bypassed.
If you want some ideas for this project, here goes:
- Housekeeper if you are lucky
- Bus driver for your children
- Bus driver if you take public transportation
- Your child’s teacher, principal or custodian
- A waitress at your favorite restaurant
- Someone who maintains your house: think painting, grass trimming, etc.
- The receptionist at your doctor’s office who always squeezes you in.
- The man at the meat counter at your favorite deli
- The deli lady at the grocery store
- A sales person at your favorite department store
- The man who fixes your continually “virused” computer (is that a word? )
- The kid who delivers your paper
Keep some note cards in your car and be ready to praise someone.
I just know we are are going to make someone’s day. Please write and tell me how it goes.